Sunday, 03 July 2022
09:15 – 17:00
Giannutri Island (GR)
ADD TO CALENDAR
- Length: about 11 Km
- Difference in altitude: about 240 meters (positive / negative)
- Type of route: circular (the departure and arrival points coincide)
- Level: E
- Requirements: Hikers
- Guide: Nicola
Day to discover Giannutri, the southernmost island of the Tuscan Archipelago, the island of seagulls, a corner of paradise in the Tyrrhenian Sea.
In the morning we will go to discover the southern part of the island up to the southernmost point, the tip of Capel Rosso, characterized by the characteristic lighthouse.
On the way back we will stop to eat in what was once a Roman port and we will have the opportunity to swim in a dream place.
In the afternoon, for those who want, we will go to the discovery of the naturalistic wonders of the northern part, up to Punta San Francesco.
For those who are tired or want to enjoy the sun and the sea, they can rejoin the group and then visit the village of Cala Spalmatoio together.
An excursion for everyone!
A unique opportunity to learn about the nature, history and legends of Giannutri.
Walk with us!
Giannutri Island (GR)
for hikers E (the routes do not have particular slopes, they are mainly flat, but in any case they are on unpaved paths and are mostly exposed to the sun; more demanding for those who decide to take the long route)
– long path:
- Length: 11 km
- Difference in altitude: 240 m
– short route:
- Length: 6 km
- Difference in altitude: 160 m
Duration: 4 hours of stops excluded
meeting place in front of the ticket office of the Maregiglio shipping company, in Piazza Facchinetti, 7, in Porto Santo Stefano (meeting point): punctuality is recommended, the ship does not wait!
For parking, indications will be given at the time of booking.
Program of the day:
- 10:00 departure of the ferry for the Giannutri
- around 11:00, arrival in Giannutri and start of our excursion to discover the southern part of the island
- about 12:45 pm, packed lunch and swim at Cala Maestra
- about 1.30 pm, for those who want, we will go to the discovery of the northern part of the island, and then rejoin, with the rest of the group in the square in Cala dello Spalmatoio (long path)
For those who want to enjoy the sun and the sea, they can do it for longer, and then rejoin the rest of the group in the square in Cala dello Spalmatoio ... hoping for another quick swim before leaving (short route)
Finally we will go to discover the port, the town and the many curiosities that hide the walls of the houses now abandoned and at risk of collapse of this small jewel of the Tuscan Archipelago ... of course for those who want to continue enjoying the sea no problem.
- 16:00 departure from Giannutri by motor ship
- around 17:00, arrival in Porto Santo Stefano
Adults: € 20.00 (including guide, excluding ship ticket and park access ticket)
Accompanied minors from 6 to 11 years (12 years not yet turned on the day of the excursion): € 10,00 (including guide, excluding ship ticket; the park access ticket is not due)
Children <6 years free
The cost of the motor ship and the park fee will be paid directly to the Shipping Company.
(indicatively the price of the motorboat per round trip is about € 30.00; there are reductions for groups, minors; the cost of the park tax is € 4.00, excluding children under 12 years and people with disabilities).
You can buy the ship ticket, both online (online ticket office for Giannutri) or directly at the ticket office of the Maregiglio shipping company, in Piazza Facchinetti, 7, in Porto Santo Stefano (Maregiglio ticket office in Porto Santo Stefano):
WARNING! Excursions to Giannutri are limited, therefore it is reservation required which is realized only with the payment of the "participation fee".
The purchase of the ship ticket is at the expense and under the responsibility of the individual participants.
Each participant must show the park ticket, issued with the payment of the ticket, to the guide before boarding the ferry.
Terms of payment:
To be paid in full by bank transfer IBAN IT78V0842537790000010497303
Headed to: THE - TOSCANA HIKING EXPERIENCE
In the reason for specifying:
Giannutri, excursion date, Contact surname, number of reservations for adults / minors 12 years of age
After the payment:
Send a scan or photo of the accounting receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org, together with the following information:
Name and surname of each participant, no. mobile phone and e-mail address (necessary for any urgent communications), date of birth for minors 11.
NOT there is a refund of the fee in case of cancellation, for any reason.
In case of bad weather that prevents the departure of the motorboat or failure to reach the minimum number of participants (10 adults), the entire fee will be refunded or the possibility of using the fee for the same excursion which will be postponed to the first available date. .
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
Organization and coordination of activities; assistance with an environmental hiking guide pursuant to LR 86/2016 and subsequent amendments The Guides are in possession of the RCT insurance required by law. Participants in the excursions are NOT covered by personal accident insurance.
THE FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
Transport costs to and from Giannutri, park access ticket (if provided), meals and anything else not explicitly mentioned in the program.
What you need for excursions:
- hiking shoes / comfortable shoes with sculpted soles (the paths are easy but we still recommend trekking shoes or comfortable shoes with well sculpted soles) (NO sandals)
- at least 2 liters of water (per person!)
- packed lunch and at least 2 liters of water per person (the period is particularly hot: don't underestimate it !!!)
- layered clothing (long technical trousers, technical t-shirt, windbreaker)
- clothing to cover up in case of rain
- hat or bandana for sun protection (strongly recommended for sun protection!)
- sunscreen (strongly recommended!)
- swimsuit and towel (attention, there is no lifeguard service)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as disposable mask and gloves, sanitizing gel or spray and personal bag for the disposal of my used PPE (before leaving, always inquire about the provisions in force in terms of combating the Covid-19 pandemic ).
Trekking poles and camera.
We ask all participants to limit the use of disposable material and to bring a glass. In fact we generally offer coffee or other drinks but we have decided not to bring more shot glasses / glasses and spoons.
We do not want to teach anyone anything, but we feel a duty, for those like us who love nature, to try to behave in a more respectful way.
Nicola +39 3284136156
Reservation is mandatory. Participation in the Facebook event is not binding.
Excursions to Giannutri are limited, therefore it is reservation required which is realized only with the payment of the "participation fee".
not allowed during the excursion.
The organizers reserve the right to modify or cancel the excursion in case of risk and / or unforeseen situations for the participants.
The Guides are in possession of the civil liability insurance required by law.
Participants in the excursions are NOT covered by personal accident insurance.