Gorgona is a special island, because it is the smallest and greenest of the Tuscan archipelago, because it is the oldest, an isolated piece of the Alps in the Tyrrhenian Sea, but above all because it is the only prison island still active in Europe. .
In Gorgona you live a unique prison experience, in which prisoners have been given and continue to give the possibility to reintegrate into society through work in a context of "freedom", always in compliance with the Constitution.
Visiting it is not easy, we now know it well and love it in a particular way. Through an unprecedented and panoramic route we will let you know and appreciate all the historical and naturalistic aspects of the island, as well as the peculiarities of daily life in this prison.
An experience to do, which will not leave you indifferent.
PROGRAM OF THE DAY:
- 7:45 am meeting and boarding at the Porto Mediceo of Livorno, next to the Ristorante l'Andana (via del Molo Mediceo, 22 - Livorno): https://goo.gl/maps/5DmrzH5Bg5VKYndm7.
It is possible to leave the car at the parking lot of the American market, a few hundred meters from the meeting place, at a low hourly rate (https://goo.gl/maps/f3KYeFSC51p).
- 08:15 am departure of the ferry to the Gorgona
- about 09:45 am, arrival in Gorgona and short stop at the shop to use the toilets and / or have a snack
- morning to discover the northern part of the island. In a complete immersion in the Mediterranean scrub, we will discover the fauna and flora of the island by stopping in beautiful and panoramic corners of the island. Cala Maestra with its view and its archaeological finds will tell us its story.
- around 13:00, we will have a packed lunch in the shade of a cool pine forest
- after the stop we will resume our journey through history, continuing towards the southern part of the island, discovering the imposing Torre Vecchia, an ancient defensive construction, located overlooking the sea. Finally we will reach Punta Gorgona, from where we will have an incomparable view of the whole island and the sea that surrounds it. During the return we will have the opportunity to go to the Penitentiary Farm, managed by the prisoners themselves. Once in Gorgona Scalo, we will visit its alleys, and then conclude our excursion at the marina where, at the discretion of the penitentiary authorities, there will be the possibility of a refreshing bath.
ATTENTION!!! The routes may vary as they are always subject to the authorization of the penitentiary authority
- 6:15 pm all on board!
Expected return to Livorno at 7.45pm
Length: about 9 km
Difference in altitude: about 350 m
Journey time: about 4 hours, excluding stops
Difficulty: for hikers E (there are no significant difficulties, it winds on dirt roads, but the heat and the sun should not be underestimated!)
Adults: € 58.00 (€ 15.00 for the guide, to which € 37.00 for the ship and € 6.00 for the park ticket must be added)
Accompanied minors from 4 to 12 years (12 years not yet turned on the day of the excursion): € 30,00 (€ 11.00 for the guide, to which € 19.00 for the ship must be added)
Children <4 years free
Nicola +39 3284136156
TERMS OF PAYMENT:
To be paid in full by bank transfer IBAN IT78V0842537790000010497303
Headed to: THE - TOSCANA HIKING EXPERIENCE
In the reason for specifying:
Gorgona 12/09/2021, Contact last name, number of reservations for adults / minors 12 years
After the payment:
Send a scan or photo of the accounting receipt to email@example.com, together with the following information, for checks on any criminal charges:
Name, Surname, Place and date of birth, n. mobile phone (necessary for any urgent communications), tax code, place and address of residence of each participant
Failure to communicate the above data will result in exclusion from the trip for reasons not attributable to the organizing Association, with consequent loss of the amount due.
In case of cancellation, we will notify the booked people by telephone and alternative dates will be proposed, or the amount paid will be refunded. The receipt must also be brought on the day of the trip.
NOT there is a refund of the fee in case of cancellation, for any reason.
In case of bad weather that prevents the departure of the motorboat or failure to reach the minimum number of participants (10 adults), the entire fee will be refunded or the possibility of using the fee for the same excursion which will be postponed to the first available date. .
WARNING! Excursions to Gorgona are limited, therefore it is reservation required which is realized only with the payment of the "participation fee".
Reservations will close no later than Friday 13 August.
THE GUIDE FEE INCLUDES:
Organization and coordination of activities; assistance with an environmental hiking guide pursuant to LR 86/2016 and subsequent amendments. The Guides are in possession of the civil liability insurance required by law. Participants in the excursions are NOT covered by personal accident insurance.
THE FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
Transfer costs, meals and anything else not explicitly mentioned in the program.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THE EXCURSION
– valid identity document (without you cannot land!)
- comfortable hiking / gym shoes (with sculpted sole anyway! NO sandals!)
- at least 2 liters of water (per person!)
- packed lunch (there is a shop in Gorgona, but it is not always open)
- layered clothing: the weather can vary it is always good to have a fleece as well as a short-sleeved shirt
- windproof jacket
- hat or bandana to protect from the sun
- swimsuit and towel: attention to the access to the beach of Porticciolo di Gorgona is free but there is no lifeguard service (the possibility of bathing remains at the discretion of the prison police)
ATTENTION!!!! IMPORTANT INFORMATION: READ CAREFULLY
NB: In the light of recent episodes that took place in Gorgona, we remind all those who book a visit to the Island of Gorgona, that the island itself is a prison and that the checks to which the personal data of the participants are subjected are carried out by the police. Penitentiary in order to highlight the people who have pending charges and who will NOT be authorized to disembark.
Although the personal data are sent by us to the prison as soon as they are received, the penitentiary office in charge does not always communicate any refusal to disembark in time to be able to replace those booked not admitted with other people: in this case the sums can NOT be returned already paid for the visit.
For this reason, we invite all those who wish to book for the next dates to check their position immediately: if you believe that your name may NOT be allowed to disembark, check with your lawyer; the criminal record may not be relevant for the purposes of the "SDI" checks that refer to the "INVESTIGATION SYSTEM" DATA BASE accessible only to the Police Corps but not to the Court and Legal, to which it is NOT possible to update it even in case of resolution complete the judicial process. For cancellation from this database it is necessary to request it with R / R from the Questore of your place of residence.
In case of refusal, you can indicate a replacement name as soon as possible. Alternatively, if on the same date the ship will also make the trip to Capraia, people not authorized to disembark in Gorgona will be able to continue the day in Capraia without further charges.
a) The visit will take place upon reaching the minimum number of 10 paying adults
b) It will not be possible to bring mobile phones or photographic or video equipment to the island.
c) During the day, it will not be possible to leave the group.
The organizers reserve the right to modify or cancel the excursion in case of risk and / or unforeseen situations for the participants.
Reservations are closed for this event.